FLTR Bac 12 Index du Forum FAQ Rechercher Membres Groupes Profil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés Connexion S’enregistrer

Colin Doyle hoping next Republic of Ireland cap will come so

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    FLTR Bac 12 Index du Forum -> Etudes -> Arke
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
chanoudom

MessagePosté le: Dim 25 Mar - 11:11 (2018)    Sujet du message: Colin Doyle hoping next Republic of Ireland cap will come so Répondre en citant

sbobet88888 Colin Doyle left Turkey hoping he does not have to wait another decade or more to collect his third Republic of Ireland cap.

The 32-year-old Bradford goalkeeper started Friday's 1-0 friendly defeat in Turkey, 10 years and 304 days after making his first senior appearance for Ireland against Ecuador in 2007.

Only Alex Stevenson, who went 14 years between caps from 1932 to 1946, has endured a longer lay-off for the Republic, and Doyle is keeping his fingers crossed that the next call comes a little sooner.

"My wife texted me saying that and I saw the little article. I didn't know that until I saw it. It was funny when I saw it," Doyle said following the match.

"I don't think I'll be waiting another 10 years for my next one because I'll be long retired!

"I'm only 32, so for a keeper, they may say that's young. Look, I need to play. Why I wasn't involved years ago was because I was a number two at Birmingham and not playing games.

"You need to be playing and the last three seasons now, I've been playing regular football in the Football League, so I have got back in the squads, which I wanted to do and luckily enough, I got a cap tonight. sbobet88888

"It's been a while, it's been over 10 years. You're always proud when you play for your country, but it was bittersweet really because we're disappointed we didn't win the game."

Doyle got the nod in Antalya with No 1 Darren Randolph rested and Keiren Westwood and Rob Elliot both injured.

His single cap was one more than either Ross County's Aaron McCarey or Manchester United's Kieran O'Hara could boast and it was to him that manager Martin O'Neill turned.

Doyle said: "Darren's got the shirt at the moment and he's been fantastic this year - he's definitely been one of the best players in the squad, so there's no reason for him not to play if he's not injured.

"He was rested for this trip to give the others a game, but Westy and Rob were injured, so it was nice to get a game.

"It's a healthy position to be in and hopefully it will continue. Young Kieran [O'Hara] coming through now with the Under-21s, he looks all right as well. He did well over here in training, so it's a healthy spot to be in." sbobet88888

ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Dim 25 Mar - 11:11 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
chanoudom

MessagePosté le: Hier à 10:46 (2018)    Sujet du message: Pep Guardiola confirms Sergio Aguero is out for rest of seas Répondre en citant

sbobet asian Pep Guardiola has confirmed Sergio Aguero will miss the rest of Man City's season but could be ready for the World Cup. The striker underwent successful keyhole surgery on a knee injury, which the club have called a "minor" operation designed to correct a problem he has been playing through since sustaining it in training in March.

City decided to go ahead with the surgery at the time, given they have already won the Premier League title and are not competing in the latter stages of either the Champions League or the FA Cup. Aguero missed City's 3-1 victory over Tottenham, his last appearance coming as a second-half substitute in the Champions League quarter-final second-leg defeat to Liverpool.

When asked if his season was over, City boss Guardiola said: "Here, yes. It is four or five weeks [out]. Hopefully he is going to be ready for the World Cup and he will be ready for the next season. "He is in Barcelona right now, for the first part of the rehabilitation he is going to be there." sbobet asian

Despite Guardiola's hope that Aguero could return in time for this summer's World Cup, Argentina Football Association doctor Homero D'Agostino expressed a more cautionary tone. He told TyC Sports that Aguero "is not going to be 100 per cent in shape with so little time prior to the World Cup". The World Cup begins in Russia on June 14, with Argentina's first match taking place against Iceland two days later. sbobet asian

ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 02:44 (2018)    Sujet du message: Colin Doyle hoping next Republic of Ireland cap will come so

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    FLTR Bac 12 Index du Forum -> Etudes -> Arke
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation